Our Lady of Sorrows – Talk & Devotion
The title “Our Lady of Sorrows” focuses on Mary’s intense suffering during the passion and death of Christ. The Seven Dolors, the name by which it was celebrated in the 17th century, referred to the seven swords that pierced Mary’s heart. The feast is an octave to Our Lady’s birthday on September 8th.
- I will grant peace to their families.
- They will be enlightened about the divine mysteries.
- I will console them in their pains, and I will accompany them in their work.
- I will give them as much as they ask for, as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
- I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy, and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
- I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the face of their Mother.
- I have obtained from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven, and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.
Learn more about Our Lady of Sorrows
Father Peter Porteous is the Parish Priest at St Denis Church, Joondana. As a Priest of the Servite Order, he has a strong devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows. Father Peter has vast and in-depth knowledge of spiritual history, and he wishes to share his knowledge with Catholics in WA on the significance of the Passion of Mother Mary and Our Lady of Sorrows.
- 9am Mass – Fr Paul with Fr Peter (concelebrate)
- Rosary of the Seven Dolors
- Litany in preparation for Feast of the Assumption
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Talk with Father Peter